SELLING A PROPERTY
The best way to be prepared for your sale is to have all of the transactional forms and due diligence checks completed before you even have a buyer. By being legally prepared for your sale you can save valuable time on the length of the case.
We can help you save this time.
We understand that the process of re-mortgaging can be just as stressful and difficult as moving home;
We have strong working links with mortgage advisors and can complete on the deal that you need.
The ramifications of a poorly drafted / checked Lease are far reaching and can lead to unnecessary financial loss or reduced enjoyment of the property.
We ensure that no member of ourteam deals with leasehold properties until they have undertaken sufficient training.
SHARED OWNERSHIP / EQUITY
Shared ownership allows you to buy a share of your home (between 25% and 75% of its value) and pay rent on the remaining share. We are experienced in dealing with all aspects of shared ownership property.
There are numerous occasions when a transfer of equity would be required; divorce, the addition of a member of the family or when it simply makes financial sense. You need to make sure that you receive the correct advise and that this is communicated to all parties in a timely manner.
You can be sure that we’ll provide you with the correct expertise whatever the circumstance.
When purchasing a new build property you need to ensure that you comply with developers deadlines and that the property is fit for habitation. You need to ensure that all services are connected, accessways un-hindered and warranties in place.
Our comprehensive knowledge and extensive experience in this area means that you can buy your new home with peace of mind.
PURCHASING A PROPERTY
We have found that purchase cases slow down because of two reasons; unnecessary enquiries being raised by the purchasing conveyancer and conveyancers not utilising updated solutions and procedures (e.g. the use of indemnity insurance policies)
We can guarantee that our procedures will not only be safe and compliant but also as efficient as possible.
FIRST TIME BUYERS
The only thing more stressful than buying a home is buying a home for the first time.
We strive to provide a dedicated service to our first time buyer clients to ensure that they’re happy with all aspects of their property before they sign on the dotted line.
HOW LONG WILL MY HOUSE PURCHASE TAKE?
How long it will take from your offer being accepted until you can move in to your house will depend on a number of factors. The average process takes between 8-12 weeks.
It can be quicker or slower, depending on the parties in the chain. For example, if you are a first time buyer, purchasing a new build property with a mortgage in principle, it could take X weeks. However, if you are buying a leasehold property that requires an extension of the lease, this can take significantly longer, between X and X months. In such, a situation additional charges would apply.
Stages of the process
The precise stages involved in the purchase of a residential property vary according to the circumstances. However, below we have suggested some key stages that you may wish to include:
- Take your instructions and give you initial advice
- Check finances are in place to fund purchase and contact lender’s solicitors if needed
- Receive and advise on contract documents
- Carry out searches
- Obtain further planning documentation if required
- Make any necessary enquiries of seller’s solicitor
- Give you advice on all documents and information received
- Go through conditions of mortgage offer with you
- Send final contract to you for signature
- Agree completion date (date from which you own the property)
- Exchange contracts and notify you that this has happened
- Arrange for all monies needed to be received from lender and you
- Complete purchase
- Deal with payment of Stamp Duty/Land Tax
- Deal with application for registration at Land Registry
Please feel free to call us on 0161 850 5600 anytime
t: 0161 850 5600
3 Higher Road, Urmston, Manchester, M41 9AB
We can guarantee the following:
- A fixed price service – there will be no hidden costs / fees
- You will have a dedicated fee earner who will not transfer your file
- Where arranged you can Contact us outside of normal working hours
- Reduced file loads means more time spent on you
- Efficient, modern, safe and effective processes employed by fee earners
- Close working relationships with all parties involved in the case – we can speak with your estate agents and mortgage brokers for you
- All our advice will be comprehensive yet coherent – we won’t confuse you with unnecessary legal terms with Latin roots
- All aspects of modern technology embraced – we can communicate with you by any means necessary and send documents by e-mail